Abstracts reviewed by the Western Section AUA Program Committee and permitted to present at the 93rd Annual Meeting in Vancouver, BC.
Sunday, Aug 6
- Poster Session I
- Poster Session II
- Poster Session III
- Poster Session IV
- Poster Session V- Unmoderated
- Health Policy Forum
- Video Surgi-Session I - Upper Urinary Tract
Monday, Aug 7
Tuesday, Aug 8
Wednesday, Aug 9
- Bladder / Urethra / Testis- Coming Soon!
- Calculi- Coming Soon!
- Kidney / Laparoscopy- Coming Soon!
Thursday, Aug 10
- Prostate II- Coming Soon!
- Round Table- Coming Soon!
- History Essays- Coming Soon!
Congratulations to the following essay contest winners!
Miley B. Wesson Resident Essay Winners
- 1ST PLACE: Timothy C. Chang, MD, Stanford University - “In Vivo Biodistribution and Toxicity of Intravesical Administration of Quantum Dots for Optical Molecular Imaging of Bladder Cancer.”
- 2ND PLACE: Kai Dallas, MD, Stanford University - “Redefining the Stone Belt: Precipitation Potentiates the Risk of Urinary Stone Disease in California.”
- 3RD PLACE: Selma Masic, MD, UC San Francisco - “Effects of Initial Gleason Grade on Outcomes During Active Surveillance for Prostate Cancer."
Joseph F. McCarthy Physician Essay Winners
- 1ST PLACE: Matthew R. Cooperberg, MD, UC San Francisco - “The Diverse Genomic Landscape of Low-Risk Prostate Cancer.”
- 2ND PLACE: Thomas Chi, MD, UC San Francisco - “Optimizing RNA Extraction of Renal Papilla Biopsy Tissue in Kidney Stone Formers: A New Methodology for Genomic Study.”
- 3RD PLACE: Anne M. Suskind, MD, UC San Francisco - “Mortality and Functional Outcomes After “Minor” Urologic Surgery Among Nursing Home Residents; A National Study.”
History Essay Winners
- 1ST PLACE: Kathy Huen, MD, UC Los Angeles - “The First Filmed Prostatectomy, 1917: 100 Years of Movies in Urological Education.”
- 2ND PLACE: Kelli Gross, MD, Mayo Clinic - “Learning the Hard Way: A History of Failures and Innovations in the Treatment of Erectile Dysfunction.”
Health Policy Essay Winner
- 1ST PLACE: Kai B. Dallas, MD, Stanford University - “Racial Disparities in Hospital Admissions in the First 30 Days After Urethral Sling Procedures in California.”