IVUmed is now accepting applications for the Traveling Resident Scholar Program.
Deadline: Feb 1, 2014.
Application Information: The 2014-2015 application deadline is February 1, 2014. Application link: http://www.ivumed.org/what-we-do/traveling-resident-scholars/. Please contact Amy Steele for more information at (801) 524-0201 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
A Unique Opportunity
Since 1999, IVUmed has provided over 175 urology residents with the opportunity to gain unique surgical experience in resource-limited settings throughout the world. Residents in PGY-3 and above obtain significant hands-on experience in urology under the supervision of board-certified mentors. As over 70 training programs can attest, this competitive program not only benefits the resident, but also the resident’s home institution.
- 1-2 week international trip, coordinated by IVUmed staff
- Scholarships available to cover most trip expenses
- Diverse surgical experience, with exposure to cases not often seen in the US
- Service abroad to underserved populations
- Share and interact with residents from other countries
- Collaborate with mentors from other programs
- Possibility to help meet ACGME core competencies
- New appreciation and insight of the international medical community